Many of our themes display a Featured Image on the home page (like our Gallery Pro WordPress theme), as well as on any traditional Blog page. To display your featured image, you would follow these steps:
First, go to Genesis > Theme Settings. Scroll down to Content Archives.
The settings for each theme will be somewhat the same, except that the featured image size may differ. You can refer to your themes’ documentation for the correct image size.
- You will need to select if you want to display Excerpts or Content. Select “Entry content“.
- Then at “Limit content to” enter the number of characters recommended in your themes’ documentation.
- Next, check the box “Include the Featured Image“.
- Select the size as recommended in your themes’ documentation.
- You’ll need to select your image alignment next. This again will be based on your themes’ recommendation.
- Select Previous/Next or Numeric to set the pagination.
Save the settings! Once this is completed, your Featured Images will be displayed on the home page (if applicable), as well as the Blog page!
Click Here to Download our
WordPress Launch Checklist
It’s just me and my dog Bella. I am a freelance web developer at Cre8tiveDiva.com. I build websites using WordPress and the Genesis Framework, provide troubleshooting and support. I love chocolate, lots of coffee and my favorite movie is Gone With the Wind!