With any of Bloom’s WordPress themes, you can use them for a simple website. Your blog does not have to be the homepage. You don’t even need to have a blog on your website. It’s completely up to you.
You need a simple website to showcase your content in a minimal, high-end way.
This is harder to find than it sounds! But, with a Bloom WordPress theme, it’s very simple.
Here’s the steps on how to create a simple website:
- Make sure you have your domain and hosting set up. Here’s how.
- Decide what you’d like on your homepage… do you want your blog on your homepage or a simple landing page with information and pictures about you and your business?
- Choose a WordPress WordPress theme that you are drawn towards style wise… remember, any theme can be set up for what you need.
- Once you’ve settled on a design, install your theme following our step-by-step directions.
- Create a page labeled “Home” (the name doesn’t matter). Go to Settings > Reading and set this new page as your home page.
- Now, go to Pages > Select your page you just created and add any content of your choice!
- Then, make sure your menu and footer are set up how’d you like. Again, this is all in our docs! You can set up a blog on a separate page if you’d like, but this is not necessary.
That’s it! Very straightforward.
What should I include on my landing page?
- A large, full size image or a collection of some is a good idea to grab your audience’s attention. Without an image, most readers won’t stick around.
- Have some text or buttons that immediately let your readers know who you are and what you do… what’s the point of your website? You have less than ten seconds to convey your message, mission, or services to your readers, so make it count.
- Have some sort of call to action… a button that links to your services, a newsletter signup, etc. Whatever your goal is, your call to action should achieve this.
- Make sure your menu is clear and concise… If you are offering services, have a tab that says “Services” or “Hire Me” or “How to Get Started.” Don’t leave your readers guessing.
- Make sure your readers know how to connect and follow you. Add your social media links to your menu or footer. Sometimes, readers are interested but aren’t ready to commit quite yet, so they will want to follow you and be reminded again when the time is right. You want to include them in your circle.
- Add a contact form in your menu. Let your readers know how to get a hold of you. Again, be as OBVIOUS as possible here.
If you’d like a more dynamic and feature rich homepage, check out our new Boss Pro WordPress theme. It’s designed to take your business to the next level and connect you with your ideal audience. Boss’ homepage has all the “selling” features you want to promote…
- an eye-catching image with large text to display your message
- spot for your mission statement
- list of your services
- short bio and about picture
- rotating testimonials
- contact form